Schaffner acquires American manufacturer of specialty transformers
Integration will strengthen position in the US and in the international market for power magnetics
On 31 March 2014, Schaffner Group acquired from the parent company Transformer Holding LLC the subsidiaries Transformer Engineering LLC (Trenco), Magnetics Technologies LLC and Transformer Real Estate LLC, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
Trenco, founded in 1937, develops and manufactures customized power magnetics solutions, primarily for customers in Schaffner Group’s strategic market sectors: energy-efficient drive systems, rail technology and renewable energies. In 2013 the US company, with 70 employees, generated around CHF 12 million.
The integration of Trenco strengthens the strategic position of Schaffner’s Power Magnetics division. Schaffner is a global partner of the leading makers of power electronic systems and has moved into the top tier of power magnetic component suppliers worldwide.
Transformer Engineering is a premier manufacturer of custom designed electromagnetic components with presence in North America and Asia Pacific region. We have a long-history in delivering innovative solutions to our global customers. Our products include:
- 2013 NEWS - ISO 9001:2008
- Control & Power Dry Type Transformers
- Power Ratings from 1 kVA through 2000 kVA
- 18 Pulse Autotransformer/Reactor Assemblies
- Step-up and Step-down Transformers
- Autotransformers & Isolation Transformers
- Air Core & Iron Core Reactors
- AC and DC Inductors
- Harmonic Compensated Transformers
- Grounding Transformers for PV Solar Systems
- Integrated Magnetic Design
- Open Core & Coil and Nema Enclosed Options
- International Manufacturing Capabilities
Our goal is simple. We strive to achieve excellence in the application, design & manufacture of custom electromagnetic components while providing superior quality, service and satisfaction to our OEM customers.
Schaffner Corporate News
New flexible IEC inlet filter
series FN 9280 and FN 9290